Wednesday 29 October 2008

First Post

I've had limited access to the net up until now but FROM THIS DAY FORTH
I'm going to be posting at least once week.

For starters here are some early development sketches pulled out of my big book that I've been doing whilst out on the move, there are more but I've just picked out some of the nicer bits that work.



This first image is a collage with bits from different pages,
there are big abstract maps as well as smaller concepts for the Big City on legs.
It's a pretty big image so click on it and have a scroll around to see the details.



This second image is another abstract map, I did these just to get a feel of the size and complexity of a big strange future city. This drawing was in colour and it didn't scan so well so I've edited into a glitchy kind of mess. Not as nice as the original but works in it's own way.


STILL TO COME !


Later I'm going to post drawings I've done around London, inspired by the cities architecture and mixed up with my own artistic influences. Also I'm going to post a description of the concept and backing story behind the environment we're working on. Hey ! I might even explain the project so all you guys out there know what all this work is for!

That's it for now though, back to scanning, drawing, editing and research!

Oh yeah, research too, there's still some research to come too.

No comments: